How to become a Clinical Psychologist | The BASICS
Hello everyone! In this video I talk about how to become a Clinical Psychologist in the UK. The video is split into two parts – (1) The essential criteria and (2) Tips that I wish I knew earlier.
Timestamps if you would like to skip ahead:
1. 1:55 Undergraduate degree in Psychology
2. 2:40 Conversion course/Master’s degree
3. 4:37 Clinical experience
4. 5:47 Types of clinical experience – Support worker/HCA/AP/PWP
5. 8:45 Research experience
6. 11:22 Tip 1 – Managing your expectations of ‘getting on’
7. 12:36 Tip 2 – Focus on the journey more than the destination
8. 13:45 Tip 3 – Keep a reflective journal
9. 14:53 Tip 4 – Strengthen your connections
I decided to start a Youtube channel simply because there just isn’t enough content around psychology, making it a very mysterious/inaccurately highbrow career to be in. I love watching YouTube so finally bit the bullet to try to de-mystify the process myself.
If you’re interested in more information about psychology, mental health, application processes, follow me on 🙂
#Clinical #Psychologist #BASICS